New Student InformationHot Yoga Transforms
Welcome to Hot Yoga Pasadena!
We are so glad you have taken the first step to Feel and Live Better. We are Pasadena’s Original Hot Yoga, healing bodies and changing lives since 1998. We offer Original Bikram Method Hot Yoga classes, designed for all levels of fitness. We also offer 60-minute “power hour” classes, for those of you who have time limitations, want a second workout in your day, or a way to work up to the 90 minute class. The 60-minute class has all the poses, but some are done only once to give you a more express option when you need it. We have also added a 60 minute Hot Sculpt class to complement and supplement your yoga practice with strengthening exercises done in a fun class with music focusing on core, butt and upper body strength. All levels!
Change Your Life Today!
Original Hot yoga is a challenging, exciting and effective workout, designed to work the whole body from the inside out. Every muscle, joint, ligament, tendon and organ in the body can receive benefits from this class. Whether you are looking for a great workout, to reduce the symptoms of a long-term or new injury, to stretch and strengthen or reduce stress, this is the class for you! This class helps you feel better, allowing you to take care of your health, so you can lead your best life! Our studio owner, Val Sklar Robinson can’t wait to meet you at the studio, teach you a class, or join you in class to teach and practice the yoga that has been her foundation for the last 20 years.
Secrets to a Great First Class
- Watch our Welcome video to learn more and see the diversity of our amazing community
- Hydrate– Drink lots of water and eat foods high in minerals and electrolytes. (Think fruits and veggies).
- Eat a good meal 3 to 4 hours before class, but come to class on an empty stomach.
- Wear exercise clothes that are fitted but comfortable and that you can sweat in. Sweat a lot in. (ladies think shorts or leggings and sports bra or tanks, men think fitted shorts or trunks)
- Bring a mat, towel, and bottle of water. We rent and sell both if you forget.
- Arrive at lease 15-20 minutes early. We want to make sure you have time to register, meet your teacher, set up your mat, and start class from the beginning. (There is no late admittance for new students)
- BREATHE! Try to take it slow and learn how to breathe through your nose in a hot room. You will receive benefits just by staying in the room and learning to breathe and find ease in your body and mind.
- Check out the YogiVal 5 Fundamentals Video Series to gain insight into breathing and connecting to your alignment. Feel free to ask Val any questions when you come to class.
- Sit down if you need to take a break. It can take a few classes to learn how to breathe and practice yoga in a hot room. Rejoin us when you feel ready
- The instructor leads through verbal commands. We encourage you to listen to the teacher so you can learn to try the right way, do the best you can and breathe normally through the nose
- Come back within 1-2 days! Commit to the month and come as much as you can to see the benefits of regular practice. Try 90 minute, 60 minute and Hot Sculpt during your month.
- Ask We are always here before and after class to answer any questions you have about the yoga and the studio.
- Park in the lot (fill our spaces in the back first) or use street parking. Never use the 2 Orange Theory spots, they can tow you.
AVOID CLASS IF YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM JET LAG, TAKING A NEW OVER THE COUNTER,
PRESCIPTION MEDICINE, OR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT EFFECT YOU IN AN UNKNOWN WAY.
PLEASE ALSO STAY HOME IF YOU ARE GETTING SICK, WE WILL SEE YOU WHEN YOU FELL BETTER.